FW: Re: Netscape command-line options

Chuck Bearden cbearden at sparc.hpl.lib.tx.us
Thu Mar 20 12:32:01 EST 1997

"Charles A. Summerhill" <casummerhill at librarylrc.uams.edu> wrote:

>Netscape completely ignores (for all purposes) the Netscape.ini file
>under the 32-bit version. Two recourses are: use 16-bit Netscape in
>32-bit Windows (not recommended, works fine -- but slow) or create a
>.reg (registry) file with the Netscape setting correctly set and import
>that into the registry each time before Netscape is launched. The second
>option is not difficult to do and I can provide more information if
>necessary.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I am familiar with the command line options
for importing registry settings.  However, we are launching Netscape
from a menuing system that, I suspect, won't permit batch files that
both handle the regedit command and launch Netscape.   Bill suggested
something similar, and perhaps it is worth an experiment.

Anyone know about difficulties caused by modifying the registry man times
per day?  Does the chance of corruption increase under these conditions?

Chuck
Chuck Bearden			email: cbearden at hpl.lib.tx.us
Catalog Department		voice: 713/247-3499
Houston Public Library		fax:   713/247-3158
500 McKinney Ave.
Houston, TX  77002