More on Web censorship in libraries

Dspp at aol.com Dspp at aol.com
Wed Mar 19 00:19:24 EST 1997

In a message dated 97-03-17 17:41:48 EST, lkrevit at bite.db.uth.tmc.edu (Leah
Krevit) writes:

>One of the more interesting bits in the discussion printed in the paper was
>that an assistant county counsel (and parent), Ann Ravel, seemed to be
>saying that there is absolutely no question that it would be
>unconstitutional for U.S. public libraries to censor based on content.

Can someone please repost or simply email me privately the URL for the
above-cited discussion?  I am interested to know  the context in which she
made her comments. Speech is subject to restrictions based on time, place and
manner that have been endorsed by the Supreme Court. I would hate to think
that one person's right to information would override another person's right
not to receive information. I mention this fact since our terminals are, out
of necessity, in close proximity. Also, there is an interesting, if not
frightening bill in Ohio that became law this summer that I will post in
another email.

DSP Popeck