Netscape command-line options

Chuck Bearden cbearden at sparc.hpl.lib.tx.us
Tue Mar 18 10:05:00 EST 1997

Thanks to Bill, Kyle, and Christopher for responding to my question.

I'm still having trouble.  I'm using 32-bit Netscape 3.0.  Using the
-h switch, I can get Netscape to start with the page named after the
switch instead of the page specified in the registry.  However, when
I click on the Home button, Netscape takes me back to the homepage
defined in the registry, instead of to the one named after the switch.

When using the -i switch, I can't get Netscape to observe the .INI
file at all (because I'm using 32-bit Netscape?).

Basically, I want to be able to tell Netscape to treat a page other
than the one specified in the registry as the home page in certain
instances, including to the extent that clicking Home takes the user
to that page instead of to the one defined in the registry.  I don't
think that the menuing system I'm using will permit shelling out
to real-mode regedit to import the needed values each time.

Any suggestions?  Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance,

Chuck
Chuck Bearden			email: cbearden at hpl.lib.tx.us
Catalog Department		voice: 713/247-3499
Houston Public Library		fax:   713/247-3158
500 McKinney Ave.
Houston, TX  77002