Help! Links w/Lynx don't work

Joe Schallan jschall at glenpub.lib.az.us
Mon Mar 17 16:15:30 EST 1997

Hello webbers,

We have a "good links" page for the public.  There are two
ways to use it:  Come into the library and access it with
Netscape, or dial in to our OPAC and access it with Lynx.
Among the various links we provide are several to search
engines such as Alta Vista and several to web directories
such as Yahoo.  When patrons use the graphical
browser (the preponderance of our use by patrons), there
is no problem -- the links work.  When dial-up patrons
hit our links page in Lynx, however, the links to the
search engines and web directories -- and *only* these
links -- do not work.  They get a "can't locate server"
message.  Why is this happening?  The only thing I
can think of is that Lynx does not care for the
trailing slash, as in http://www.yahoo.com/

Any ideas?

You can view our links page at

http://162.126.95.79/publinks.htm

Thanks in advance for the help.  Replies to me,
not to the list.

Joe
Joe Schallan, MLS                             jschall at glenpub.lib.az.us
Reference Librarian and Web Page Editor
Glendale (Arizona) Public Library                        (602) 930-3555