Z39.50 history

Robert C. Williford c586704 at showme.missouri.edu
Sun Mar 16 12:32:04 EST 1997

Chris Hammond-Thrasher wrote:

> There is a wealth of resources on the Z39.50 specification on the web.
> However, I am specifically looking into the history of Z39.50 and its use
> in libraries. I have found one particularly valuable paper on this topic
> online:
>
> Iltis, Susannah, "Z39.50: An Overview of Development and the Future,"
> [paper online]; available from
> http://www.cqs.washington.edu/~camel/z/z.html ; Internet.
>
> Can anyone recommend any other online resources dealing with the history of
> Z39.50? Or the future of Z39.50?

Best place I've found is the Library of Congress Web page for the Z39.50
Maintenance Agency at http://lcweb.loc.gov/z3950/agency/agency.html.
Under "Papers, Tutorials, etc., and Bibliography," you'll find links to
some good stuff.

Bob Williford
Student, Univ of Missouri-Columbia School of Library and Informational
Science