Information source for electronic publishing

Robert C. Williford c586704 at showme.missouri.edu
Sun Mar 16 11:24:12 EST 1997

Xu Rong wrote:

> I am a student of M.Sc of information study. Currently I am doing a
> literature review of copyright issues on electronic publishing. Could
> anybody help to tell any information source which is available?

The American Communication Association's (ACA) Center for Communication
Law has an extensive collection of copyright information on its web
page,  http://cavern.uark.edu/comminfo/www/copyright.html.

The Copyright Website, run by a California copyright lawyer, may have
some useful information.  It's at http://www.benedict.com/.

Since 1993, the U.S. Copyright Office, the Library of Congress, and the
Corporation for
National Research Initiatives (CNRI) have been cooperating on the
development of the testbed Copyright Office Electronic Registration,
Recordation & Deposit System (CORDS). "The goal of the CORDS project is
to develop and test a system for copyright registration and recordation
with copyright applications, copies of works, and copyright related
documents transmitted in digital form over communications networks such
as the Internet."  Not sure of its current status, and it might be a
reach for your project, but try its URL at
http://lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/cords.html.

Bob Williford
Student, Univ Missouri-Columbia School of Library and Informational
Science