Concept virus(?)

Lisa ljm at bf.rmit.edu.au
Mon Mar 10 07:58:45 EST 1997

Thomas,
The virus spread in our organisation as I was making compilation disks of
old word files.  Apparently the virus was in the organisation about a year
earlier.  The then systems person wiped all copies of W4W and reinstalled
the software, thinking that this solution had rid the virus from the
computers.  While it appeared to solve the problem, the virus remained
lurking in the word files on untouched diskettes, which I unknowingly used
to reinfect several computers a year later.
A big thankyou to everyone who offered advice here.  I received several
replys ALL of which were useful and encouraging.  Our system is now virus
free and protected from any and all future concept viruses.
Thanks and regards, Lisa.

		      		 Lisa McDonald
		      		Library Manager
		      	Australian Biographical Library