Why we won't be here in 20 years

STEVE HOOLEY hooleyss at gsaix2.cc.GaSoU.EDU
Fri Mar 7 13:20:45 EST 1997

                At Henderson Library, our computers are in the basement with
the bound periodicals while the bulk of our collection, offices, etc are on
the second or main floor. The reference librarians maintain a help desk
there, taking one or two hour shifts and helping solve difficult problems
for students. Soon they intend to be online with a live on-camera view of
the desk for browsers. The other help desks have been notified to inform the
students that for research problems, they need a LIBRARIAN; in short, an
expert on LOOKING THINGS UP! They are busy non-stop as the word is out that
a thirty-second chat with a librarian can save you an hour's research.
Thanks to our head librarian's foresight in going computerized, we at least
will be around in 20 years (even if we're only an office and website by then!).

|   Stephen S. Hooley         |
|  Romulan Tech Assistant     |
|    Henderson Library        |
|"It's Only a Job Description"|