[ Re: Web 4 special libraries]

Nick Arnett narnett at verity.com
Thu Mar 6 20:47:56 EST 1997

I hesistate to respond to the criticism, but now that there are two
messages, I will.  The birth of Web4SpLib isn't intended to be a splintering
of Web4Lib and I am taken aback at the suggestion.  A growing, healthy
community isn't a static thing; it spawns children and new communities.  The
birth of a child list is a sign of great health, not disease.  Celebrate --
if the child is healthy, it'll be a sign of the parent's great success.  If
it isn't healthy, I'll do the Spartan thing and throw its bits off the
electronic cliff.

Nick

P.S.  I'm somewhat amused by the irony of librarians arguing against
subclassification.

Verity Inc. -- Connecting People with Information

Product Manager, Categorization and Visualization
408-542-2164; fax 408-541-1600; home office 408-733-7613
http://www.verity.com

Verity Inc.
894 Ross Drive
Sunnyvale, CA 94089