FW: Staten Island Porn on the Internet, Part II -Reply

KAREN SCHNEIDER SCHNEIDER.KAREN at EPAMAIL.EPA.GOV
Wed Mar 5 16:01:00 EST 1997

oh, goody--a research question.

I can't speak for the Staten Island Advance one way or the other,
since I have never seen it or read it, but its OCLC # is 11485841.
It had all of ten holdings: six of these were in New York state;
three of these were in Staten Island; one was NY Public; another
was St. John's (in Queens, another liberal, cough cough,
stronghold); and NY State Library showed a holding.   Now, your
average newstand isn't going to catalog its holdings, but I would
think that a newspaper of any signficance would be held by some
of the bigger schools in New York, of which there are quite a
few, plus a few of the smaller libraries.  Otoh, the paper has been
around for awhile--since 1886--and it is on microfiche available
through UMI.  Yeah, it could be in another bib utility, so if you
have RLIN or WLN, speak up.  I don't have a current Uhlrich's,
or I'd attempt to answer the circ question, too.

Btw, Staten Island is much, much more conservative than the rest
of the city.  These are not progressives in little berets, quaffing
cappuchino and arguing Marx; SI'ers are the lawn-mowing,
conservative-agenda NYC people you-all never hear about.

Karen (known to mow her NJ lawn, but nonetheless...)

Karen G. Schneider/schneider.karen at epamail.epa.gov
Contractor, GCI/Director, US EPA Region 2 Library
http://www.epa.gov/Region2/library/