Panorama

Erwin Wodarczak ewodar at unixg.ubc.ca
Tue Mar 4 18:28:31 EST 1997

Considering my comments about Panorama earlier today, I should perhaps
provide an update.

Earlier this afternoon I was about to e-mail SoftQuad to reiterate the
problems we've had with the Panorama Free Viewer.  I decided to try it one
more time for good measure - *and this time it worked*.

Honest-to-God I can't think of anything that I did differently.  Perhaps our
Systems people uploaded a new version of Netscape, or one of its component
files, that happened to take care of the problems which caused the "General
Protection Fault" and other messages before.  I dunno.

Anyway, I thought I should pass this on.  Please disregard my previous,
mildly anti-SoftQuad rant.  ;-)

Erwin Wodarczak - Records Analyst / Archivist
UBC Library - Special Collections and University Archives Division
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
E-mail: ewodar at unixg.ubc.ca
Tel: (604)822-5877   Fax: (604)822-9587

We do precision guesswork based on vague assumptions and unreliable data
of dubious accuracy