web for tv

Hillel Weintraub hillelw at doshisha-intnl.tanabe.kyoto.jp
Tue Mar 4 05:08:58 EST 1997

It's interesting to substitute the word "tv" for "web" in Linda's paragraph
below, but it's unlikely that anyone on 60 minutes do that soon!

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Linda Absher wrote:
~~
~~Okay--I'll be the first one to bring this up:  did anyone watch the "60
~~Minutes" report on the difficulty in determining the
~~authority/authenticity of info presented via the web?  I know tv ratings
~~thrive by presenting a subject as if it were The Next Big Catastrophe,
~~but I was taken aback by its ominous, cataclysmic tone, and its attempts
~~to suggest that children may be yet again at risk when using the web.

Hillel

Hillel Weintraub, Director, Cooperative Design Center,
Doshisha International Jr/Sr High School
Tatara, Tanabe, Kyoto 610-03, Japan
Phone: 81-774-65-8911; Fax: 81-774-65-8990
school homepage at http://www.doshisha-intnl.tanabe.kyoto.jp
personal homepage at
http://el.www.media.mit.edu/groups/el/people/alumni/hillel/