downloading

Charles Bearden - Cataloging cbearden at sparc.hpl.lib.tx.us
Wed Mar 19 15:21:09 EST 1997

To Bill's always sound advice about PC security in downloading I would
add that there is a MS Word Viewer available for free download

	http://www.microsoft.com/msword/internet/viewer/

that supposedly does not execute Word macros, and is therefore _supposed_
to be safe for viewing Word documents (though neither I nor HPL warrant
this).  You can configure it as a helper in Netscape.  Somehow, I don't
think you can in MSIE without associating it with all files of the .doc
extension with it in the registry (which may not be a problem in public
workstations).

Best wishes,

Chuck
Chuck Bearden			email: cbearden at hpl.lib.tx.us
Catalog Department		voice: 713/247-3499
Houston Public Library		fax:   713/247-3158
500 McKinney Ave.
Houston, TX  77002		-=> NOT SPEAKING FOR HPL <=-
      -=>HPL's Homepage: http://sparc.hpl.lib.tx.us<=-