help with Word converter problems

Mary Bush mbush at MSMAIL.MESD.k12.or.us
Wed Mar 19 12:23:00 EST 1997

I have been trying to use Write, and IA with Word to create html documents
to upload to our page.  Just recently, the message, "cannot locate converter
[  ]" appears when I try and save the file.  This happens with files created
in Write and in IA.  Word seems unable to locate the basic converter (before
I even added IA) and it can't seem to find the converter that converts text
to html either.  Our MIS staff is puzzled!
Sometime during this confusion, I also inherited a macro virus and had to
clean all my files, uninstall and reinstall Word, uninstall IA completely
and kept it off until yesterday, when I reinstalled it and got the missing
converter message again.
And, in addition to the missing converter message, when I try and open a
file created in Write or IA, it reopens another copy of Word, so I run out
of memory and can't even open the file.  This happened both before and after
I reinstalled IA.
Has anyone experienced any of this, or does anyone have any idea what's
going on?
You may respond to me directly,  or to the list.  Thanks!

Mary Bush
mbush at msmail.mesd.k12.or.us (until May)
mary_bush at email.mesd.k12.or.us (from May)
Multnomah Education Service District