about:global in Netscape

Harpo's Fan bdunn at indiana.edu
Wed Mar 12 10:16:17 EST 1997

I found the file in my Win95 machine in

C:\Program Files\Netscape\Navigator\Live3D\Data\globhist.flr

I think the important thing, however is that somewhere
in Netscape there exists the functionality to
constantly keep track of this information.  There
should also be, somewhere, a way to turn that
functionality off.  Anybody got any ideas?

I just deleted my global file and I had
to delete it from the Recycle Bin to _really_ get
rid of it.  (I could still pull the file up using
the about:global command.)  All this time I thought
that clearing out all my caches would do the trick!  Silly me.

Thanks for the warning.

--Barb Dunn
(nothing I say anywhere has anything to do with
my employers unless I explicitly say so.)