CDA

Ronnie Morgan rmorgan at Harding.edu
Mon Jun 30 14:10:01 EDT 1997

At 04:12 PM 6/27/97 -0700, Jon Lebkowsky wrote:
>Ronnie, unfortunately I can't see how you can advocate the use of filtering
>products in libraries, and at the same time assert that you support free
>speech.  The positions are contradictory.  I do, however, understand that
>from your perspective this is about pornography...however even pornography
>is protected speech, and it's hard to make a case that adults should not
>have access to protected speech of whatever kind.

How are they contradictory?  Does a child have the right to view porn?  If
so, then again, why can't a child walk into an adult book store?

>So you mentioned that you have _The Joy of Sex_ in your stacks.  I assume
>you don't want kids to see it...so what's your policy?  How do you make it
>accessible for adults, but not for children?

No, I didn't mention that my library has it, someone else mentioned that.
I haven't looked it up, but I imagine we don't.

Ronnie

Disclaimer:  Views expressed are mine and mine alone.  My views or opinions
are NOT representative to Harding University.