New discussion list

Jim Hurd jhurd at indiana.edu
Fri Jun 27 21:52:01 EDT 1997

	I have created a new discussion list specifically devoted to the
issue of filterware in libraries.  Obviously, the subject has been a
little off topic, or has at has least detracted from those who are seeking
answers to technical answers.  All Web4 members, and any other interested
folks are invited to participate.  I have pretty much stated my position--
my participation will be minimal.  While having received my MLS, I am
still taking classes in LS, and related areas and have found this
discussion to be relevant to past, and hopefully future course work.

	In the body put: subscribe jhurd_filterware-discussion

	(I apologize for my name being in the list name but it is an IU
convention to avoid list name duplication.)

	Hopefully, the list will provide more light than heat, but one
persons flame is another persons reasoned response.  The list will not be
censored/moderated. One can subscribe now, but it will not be available
for posting until about 7:00 AM EST, tomorrow. (Sat the 28th).

To post to the list messages should be sent to:

	jhurd_filterware-discussion at majordomo.ucs.indiana.edu

			No justice, no peace
				 Jim

P.S.  If you have any problems subscribing I can do it manually.