PHOTOSHOP - workshop, etc.

Mike Mitchell mdmit at texas.net
Fri Jun 27 15:27:14 EDT 1997

Just a couple of cheaper alternatives to Photoshop that may or may not be
appropriate. Depends on what features you need. I've been using PaintShop
Pro. There is a shareware version and it works seamlessly with the software
that came with my Microtek E3 scanner under Win95. I believe it's a lot
cheaper than Photoshop. Lview is shareware that's nice for resizing scans. I
have yet to do much heavy graphical editing (haven't had time to learn
really). Zdnet has a free online course on Paintshop that they offer fairly
often I think.
        Sorry if this is a dup posting. I had my anti-spam xx's in my return
address and I don't think the web4lib listserv software sent the first post
through.
Mike Mitchell
Technical Services Librarian
System Administrator