CDA

Ronnie Morgan rmorgan at Harding.edu
Fri Jun 27 10:54:16 EDT 1997

At 05:57 AM 6/27/97 -0700, Jon Lebkowsky wrote:
>works of no value. Furthermore, by using filtering software, you're
>allowing a single commercial entity (the creator of the filtering software)
>to define what has value and what does not.  One person's "objectionable
>content" might be another person's art. I remind you that libraries in the

There is the topic we SHOULD be talking about.  A better way of filtering
so that YOU make the decision as to what is filtered and what is not.  If
YOU have the control and not some "commercial entity" then your arguement
becomes nil.

And whether or not you believe filtering is right or wrong, your library
WILL most likely be faced with this decision, and if anything, it will be
imposed on you.  Why not have a plan NOW instead of trying to come up with
one THEN?

Ronnie