CDA

Ronnie Morgan rmorgan at Harding.edu
Fri Jun 27 10:22:08 EDT 1997

At 07:46 PM 6/26/97 -0500, Jon Lebkowsky wrote:
>At 05:43 PM 6/26/97 -0700, Ronnie Morgan wrote:
>
>>The question is now, if there is a form of the CDA that passes all legal
>>tests, will the library have to abide by it, even if the CDA says that
>>anyone under the age of 18 should not have access to porn?  From the way
>>some of you talk, you sound as if you'd still protest it.
>
>Ronnnie, I believe you'll find that some librarians support free speech.

Sorry, but, I don't understand.  When did I say that I didn't support free
speech?  I don't recall...  And if you mean that a minor not having access
to porn is hurting the site's free speech, well my arguement about the sale
of porn to minors comes to mind.  When a minor is denied the sale of
Hustler, is Hustler's free speech affected?  I would say no, but it appears
you would say yes.  Sorry, but I don't agree...  But that does NOT mean I
don't support free speech.

Ronnie