CDA

Lynn Hoover lhoovinf at usaor.net
Thu Jun 26 23:36:16 EDT 1997

I cannot imagine "having a lawsuit in (anyone's) face", especially a
library's, due to differences of opinion over what is best for our children
and our society.  Rather, I would consider their point of view for its
relative merits, try to see areas of agreement, and show them on what
points I still believed they were wrong.  I would engage in a dialog, not a
lawsuit.  If I were certain that my position truly offered the greater
good, and I could not effect change in the institution after trying every
possible peaceable means, then I may just go beyond the institution with my
case, i.e. to funding sources.  I would not doubt the sincerity or good
intentions of the opposition; I would trust that they too were doing what
they believed to be right.