Consciousness of disinformation

Dianne L Parham DZP at library.sannet.gov
Thu Jun 26 12:28:50 EDT 1997

I'm sure it was an oversight that you didn't put down the website address
of this excellent resource, which I happily checked out:
    http://www.mu.edu/library/instruction/steps.html#Sources

Of course just because something is in print doesn't
make it an accurate source (the National Inquirer and Star news leap to
mind).  Students should always check the authority of the authors of any
material no matter if it is book, magazine, Internet, CD or what, and
think about personal biases (a German reporter in Hitler's time might
have a different slant on the period than a Jewish historian of the
current day).  I found your approach for being a highly effective
researcher applicable to any media.  Thank you for sharing!  Dianne
Parham, Grants Analyst, San Diego Public Library, dzp at jill.sannet.gov