Damage caused by Hand-held scanners

Ernest J. Emrich eemr at loc.gov
Thu Jun 26 12:43:12 EDT 1997

One solution would be to order some mylar from an archival supplier (such
as Hollinger or University Product) and enclose the documents in mylar
before scanning.  This would reduce the  risk of physical damage to the
manuscripts.
Ernest J. Emrich	Library of Congress		Tel: 202-707-5387
Manuscript Reference	Manuscript Division		Fax: 202-707-6336
   Librarian		Washington, DC  20540-4680     email: eemr at loc.gov
 			Usual Disclaimers Apply