internet cafe in libraries

Real Rodrigue Rodrigue.Real at UQAM.CA
Wed Jun 25 21:41:36 EDT 1997

Marty Williams wrote:

> While I'm here - we are looking at setting up a coffee shop within our
>
> library which will include internet terminals as per 'cybercafes'.
> Have
> any other (esp. large public) libraries implemented this and if so
> what
> has been the response from users?
>
> Marty

The Universite du Quebec a Montreal Library has not set up an internet
cafe as such, but we have set up, in most of our libraries, workstations
dedicated to Internet browsing. The response is overwhelming: we have
put up reservation lists, and almost all the time slots are used.

--
|_______________|   FAX:  514-987-7787
Courrier electronique / E-mail :  rodrigue.real at uqam.ca