Isearch and MARC Records

Jian Liu jiliu at script.lib.indiana.edu
Wed Jun 25 20:04:51 EDT 1997

I've never indexed MARC records with Isearch. But in order to achieve
fielded searches, you need to insert a pair of codes that are not part of
the html. Do a search at: http://www.indiana.edu/~libref/refcat/
retrieve a record and view the codes. You'll see extra pair of codes
inserted between a specific field, such as <su></su>. If no codes
of this kind are inserted, the default searches are for full-text
and title. See http://www.indiana.edu/~librcsd/search.html

Isearch also supports phrase searches, btw.

Jian
Indiana University Libraries