Getting indexed on AltaVista

Van Kalmthout, Frank VankalF at archives.gov.on.ca
Wed Jun 25 14:22:28 EDT 1997

We are trying to get our website (http://www.gov.on.ca/MCZCR/archives)
indexed on AltaVista.  We submitted out URL about a month ago, were told
that "the robot has recorded the URL" and that "it would be indexed in a
day or two,"  and still nothing has happened.  If you search "Archives
of Ontario" a number of hits are returned, but none of them is our
specific URL.

Does anyone have experience or have similar problems with AltaVista?
Does anyone have any solutions, including a contact at AltaVista (which,
I might add,  they don't bother to provide on their website)?

Thanks,
Frank van Kalmthout
Librarian,
Archives of Ontario