NT compatible Search engines

Sandy Colby Scolby at mail.doe.state.la.us
Tue Jun 24 15:58:23 EDT 1997

Greetings:

Hi. We are in the process of moving our site to an NT server (I'm told that
it is 4.1). Those of you whose websites operate on an NT server and
run a software program that searches your site, please let me know
what program you use and why you chose that software (for example,
does the software search titles, full text, does it use boolean operators,
are you able to define the categories that will be searched such as
keywords or concepts, etc.?).

Additionally, have any of you chosen to use Microsoft Index that comes
with the NT server? If yes,  what have your experiences been with the
search engine software?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Sincerely,

Sandy Colby, MLIS
Internet Administrator
Communications Office