Java applications

Helen R Lloyd ulhrl at dewey.newcastle.edu.au
Sat Jun 21 23:43:04 EDT 1997

Does anyone know of any good examples of Java applications?  I am
particularly interested in library applications, but would also like
other examples.  I have already checked out the Gamelan site, but may
have missed some good ones there.  I am not really interested in
Java used for window dressing, but would like to see where it has been
used to extend the usefulness of the Web.

I have not been overly impressed with the quality of the Java
applications I have seen so far.  It is frustrating waiting several
minutes for them to load, only to find that they are of quite poor
quality.  Some are amusing, but hardly cutting edge use of new
technology.

Thanks in advance

Helen

Helen Lloyd                         | Internet: ulhrl at dewey.newcastle.edu.au
Faculty Librarian (Art & Design),   |
  Network Trainer & Webwoman        |
Huxley Library                      | Ph  (intl+61+49) 216455
University of Newcastle, AUSTRALIA  | Fax (intl+61+49) 216904