E-mail Clients -Reply

Peter Murray pem at po.cwru.edu
Wed Jun 18 16:58:48 EDT 1997

--On Wed, Jun 18, 1997 12:38 PM -0700 "Dan Lester" <DLESTER at bsu.idbsu.edu>
wrote:
> Many email clients, including Eudora, allow you to choose
> whether to leave your mail on the server or to download it.  It
> also has a number of MAPI specific options, in addition to
> choosing whether to leave msgs on server, how long to leave
> them there, etc, etc.

The nice advantage of IMAP, though, is that ALL of your mail folders are on
the server, not just the INBOX.  I am up to about 97 individual mail
folders for this fiscal year (thank goodness it is almost over) and through
the IMAP protocol I can read any of them anywhere.  With POP3, you have
access to just the INBOX mail (which for me is far too much just as it is
without using it as a place to save mail...)

Qualcomm has talked about putting IMAP into Eudora for years, but I haven't
seen any code yet.  Hopefully they will catch onto the IMAP wave soon.  (Or
not...like I said previously, I really like the Mulberry mail client...)

Peter
--
Peter Murray, Library Systems Manager                      pem at po.cwru.edu
Digital Media Services                   http://www.cwru.edu/home/pem.html