Virtual Libraries

Laura A Schmitt las at fairfax2.laser.net
Wed Jun 18 15:08:11 EDT 1997

Philip,

I am surprised you are having difficulty finding information supporting
development virtual libraries, given the interesting work that is going on
in the area.  In fact, it is possible that your best sources for your
research would be on the web.  Here are a couple of sites that might offer
you some pertinent information for your paper:

http://lcweb.loc.gov/loc/ndlf/digital.html (Digital library resources and
projects from the Library of Congress)

http://alexandria.sdc.ucsb.edu/public-documents/bibliography (Alexandria
Digital Library bibliography, with a list of citations pertaining to
digital libraries)

http://www.ece.uwaterloo.ca/~ktrgovac/digital/digital.html (Digital
Libraries Resource page)

http://www.scils.rutgers.edu/~woernerc/digital.html (another Digital
Libraries Resource page)

I find that searching Infoseek under 'virtual library' didn't yield the
rich information I found when I searched under 'digital library.'

Good luck,
Laura Schmitt
las at laser.net
On 6/18/97 Philip Proper <proper <proper at ibm.net> wrote