Macintosh E-mail Client

Christopher Poterala potsie at umich.edu
Wed Jun 18 11:34:47 EDT 1997

At 8:18 AM -0700 6/18/1997, rodrigue.real at uqam.ca wrote:

* What you want is indeed feasible. You can use, for example, Eudora Light
* (to download: <http://www.eudora.com>), and set up different Preferences
* sets for each of your users; you can then call Eudora by using the
* appropriate Preferences file (or an alias of this file in the Apple
* Menu, for example). The only problem is that Eudora will allow only one
* Preferences file open at a time; you have to close Eudora and open it
* again using one of the other Preferences files when a different user
* wants to read his/her mail.

I don't think Eudora needs to be closed to take advantage of the separate
Settings files.  I've simply clicked on a Settings file for a different
user and Eudora "assumes" this new identity.

The one drawback to this is the inability to protect/hide each users email
from the other users.  I don't think Eudora can handle this.  If I'm not
mistaken, the email already on the local machine can be read by anybody
launching Eudora.

Chris

Christopher A. Poterala        |
Network Services Librarian     |  Email:  potsie at umich.edu
Library Systems Office         |  Voice: (313) 764-5124
2026 Shapiro Library           |  Fax:   (313) 764-2025
University of Michigan         |