A personal plea from a librarian in Warren, Michigan

Lani Teshima-Miller teshima at hawaii.edu
Mon Jun 16 16:49:24 EDT 1997

I posted a URL to a Detroit newspaper a few weeks ago here on web4lib
regarding the Warren City Council decision to ban library access to "porn
on the Internet." The following is a personal plea from a friend of mine
in the Warren PL system, who today has informed me that the councilwoman
who wanted to ban the pornography now wants Internet access to libraries
cut altogether! Please provide whatever support you can, and please
distribute this widely. Thank you.

* Lani Teshima-Miller <teshima at Hawaii.edu>.....Student Services Officer *
* School of Library & Information Studies, University of Hawaii at Manoa*
* The box said "Requires Windows 95 or Better", so I bought a Macintosh.*
* Visit our SLIS web site at http://www2.hawaii.edu/slis/               *