Filter "tweakings" in different libraries

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Sat Jun 14 17:58:54 EDT 1997

As part of The Internet Filter Assessment Project, we would like to find
out what settings various libraries are using for filters so we can
duplicate them in our project.  For example, the interview with Branch and
Conable in the June/July AL noted Austin PL's settings for Cyber Patrol.
In addition to testing Cyber Patrol "full on," a designated tester will
test these settings, as well.  We may expand this to more general settings
recommended by some folks, such as the settings discussed in an LJ article
a couple of issues ago.

What about Boston PL?  Anyone know?  Would any libraries employing filters
(or planning to) care to share their settings with us?

Karen G. Schneider * kgs at bluehighways.com * schneider.karen at epamail.epa.gov
Director, US EPA Region 2 Library | Contractor, Garcia Consulting
http://www.epa.gov/Region2/library/ | Columnist, American Libraries
Author of the forthcoming book, A Practical Guide to Internet Filters
See The Filter Assessment Project at http://www.bluehighways.com/tifap/