Opera browser: your experiences?

Jennifer Reiswig jreiswig at ucsd.edu
Fri Jun 13 19:16:46 EDT 1997

Has anyone used Opera for a browser on public PCs?  I'm intrigued by
the promo literature, especially the stuff about the ease of disabling
certain functions, as well as the zoom capability.  I'll definitely
download it and try it myself, but I'd also like to hear from anyone
who's tried it out.  Specifically, I'm interested in how well it
works with plugins and in calling other applications.  We have a lot
of calls to telnet and Acrobat, as well as the occasional other plugin.
Does Opera support any of these?  How well does it support HTML
and the Netscape and MS extensions?  Questions, questions....

Jenny Reiswig
Biomedical Library
University of California, San Diego
jreiswig at ucsd.edu