Cyber Patrol & Disinformation: was Re: Filtering "education"

Carole Leita leita at netcom.com
Wed Jun 11 13:43:37 EDT 1997

Speaking of CyberPatrol and disinformation -

I'm working on the Internet Filter Assessment Project -
http://www.bluehighways.com/tifap/ - and discovered this morning that Cyber
Patrol blocks the entire Disinformation site - http://www.disinfo.com/  -
one of the better useful and contentful research resources on the Internet.
To quote the UC Berkeley Teaching Library Tutorial on Finding Information
on the Internet - "a rich, small, hand-picked, reviewed database for social
issues, politics, cultures, diversity, etc." -
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/TeachingLib/Guides/Internet/FindInfo.html

Carole Leita <leita at netcom.com>