NEW LISTSERV FORMED! - FILT4LIB

Brian Horakh bhorakh at ci.escondido.ca.us
Mon Jun 9 04:15:18 EDT 1997

I have setup a list, that everybody is welcome to use, its
filt4lib at public.ci.escondido.ca.us, simply send a message with the subject
of "subscribe" to filt4lib at public.ci.escondido.ca.us and your good to go.

I apologize for the long address, it will be changing very soon to (the old
address will still work) escpublic.org, if you have any questions please
contact me (bhorakh at ci.escondido.ca.us) - Also I could use a few other
listserv admins to help me run it, if your up for the job (adding/removing
users) please mail me.

-Brian Horakh
City of Escondido Public Library

Charles P. Hobbs wrote:

>It's probably important enough to warrant its own list, due to the amount
>of traffic on this subject. . .

In all seriousness, I don't think this is a bad idea.  Call it, say
FILT4LIB, devoted exclusively to the discussion of filtering in
libraries.  When filtering threads go on to long,  a moderator could
simply direct people to FILT4LIB.  I'm sure this would be a very busy,
lively list for at least a year or so.   Any brave sys admin out there
who wants to take this on?

          David Burt, Information Technology Librarian
          The Lake Oswego Public Library
          706 Fourth Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
          Phone:     (503) 675-2537
          Fax:           (503) 635-4171
          E-mail:      dburt at ci.oswego.or.us