V-View software

Sue Boggs boggs at ups.edu
Sun Jun 8 18:25:56 EDT 1997

Hi,

We are interested in making at least one of our public workstations suitable
for use by the visually impaired.  We use a Netscape interface to get to all
of our reference databases (the URL's call batch files to open the networked
CD's) as well as First Search and regular web pages such as Carl Online.  I
would like to know if anyone is using V-View software and how it is working
for them in Netscape.  From what I understand it is software and an adapter
board that enables text on the screen to be enlarged.    I checked the
archives and found a message where someone referred to using Zoom Text
software for magnifiying text on the screen.  I will be checking into this
package.  I'd also be interested in hearing about any other packages that
people are using.  FYI, we are running 486's with 8MB RAM and Netscape 2.01.

Sue
Sue Boggs
Systems Librarian
University of Puget Sound