MSIE Cache Woes

Michael Dargan darganm at iren.net
Thu Jun 5 15:37:39 EDT 1997

We're using MSIE 3.0 on our Win95 public Internet access terminals.  I'm
looking for an easy way to clear the cache files in c:\windows\temporary
internet files (c:\windows\tempor~1).  I can see the files in Windows
Explorer and can select and delete them.  However, I'm unable to see or
delete them in dos.  I'd really like to be able to put a line in the
autoexec.bat which would purge the cache on startup.  This is really odd
because from the dos prompt I can "change directory" (cd
c:\windows\tempor~1) and see the c:\windows\temporary internet files
directory.  However I can't get the files to display.  There is one
hidden file called desktop.ini.

Any tips on how to automate purges of this directory?