Requests for links to website

Carol Dales cdales at wpcusrgrp.org
Thu Jun 5 00:09:54 EDT 1997

Greetings--I'm a member of a public library team in the midst of
formulating policies and procedures for revising and maintaining
our first website. I'd like to tap the collective wisdom regarding
other public libraries' responses to requests that you might have
received from individuals and agencies outside your libraries
(ie: local authors, businesses, social service organizations)
that you include links to their websites on your homepages.

Do you maintain formal criteria for inclusion of local links??
Are these criteria included in, or related to your overall collection
development policy?? We would be most interested in hearing how
others deal diplomatically with these requests!

(Please forgive duplication-I'll also be posting this message to
PubLib-Net.)

E. Carol Dales
Information Services Librarian
Winnipeg Centennial Library