Help about Microsoft PowerPoint

Charles A. Summerhill casummerhill at librarylrc.uams.edu
Tue Jun 3 13:10:28 EDT 1997

A. W. Helfman wrote:

>         In my experience, PowerPoint does not use the .gif format.  I
> use a
> graphics program (Paint Shop Pro) to convert any .gif files to .bmp or
> one
> of the other formats that is usable with PowerPoint.

At least starting with PowerPoint 95 (version 7.0) and 97 (version 8.0),
it does indeed support .GIF and .JPeG images. This is part of
Microsoft's committment (no comments here please) to the Web. With both
versions you can also export PowerPoint slides as interactive
(plugin/activex/helper required) or static web pages.

Hope this helps...

--
  Charles A. Summerhill
  Network Manager