Fwd:FirstSearch Agreement woes--Correction

Carolyn_Gonzalez_at_AMEDDCS-FSHTX at medcom2.smtplink.amedd.army.mil Carolyn_Gonzalez_at_AMEDDCS-FSHTX at medcom2.smtplink.amedd.army.mil
Fri Jun 20 16:07:18 EDT 1997

Listeros:

I have a correction to make in the message I sent to the list earlier today.
The name of the news service is "First Intranet News Server" and it's put out by
Individual Inc.  Everyone around here just calls it "First Search" because
"First" is a part of its name, and because it really is the first thing a lot of
people look at when they get turn on their computers around here.

I humbly apologize for any confusion created by my error.  I certainly wasn't
thinking of OCLC's FirstSearch when I posted my message.  (I'm the only
librarian in these parts, and this library's contract with OCLC hasn't started
up yet.)  It's been a long time since I've looked at a MARC record on OCLC.

Our problem remains the same.  We are looking for an alternate daily news
service for our website.  I would sincerely appreciate any help folks on this
list could give me on this subject.

Thanks in advance,

Carolyn Ellis Gonzalez

PS: The original message follows, with corrections:

Listeros:

We're a knowledge management tool with a whole lot cooking on our website.
Individual Inc.'s First Intranet News Server used to be on one of our front
burners, till --er, um--some kind of contractual misunderstanding occurred last
week.   Now there's this big black screen with a service discontinued
announcement where their entry page used to be.  Sigh.

Our webmaster is currently negotiating with the Individual Inc. folks to see if
they'd be willing to let us resume their services behind a fire wall.  We don't
know how that proposal is going to go over.  We'd like to know if any of you are
aware of a company that offers a daily news service similar to First Intranet
News Server that allows its customers to post their news service on their
websites with or without a fire wall?

If any of you could help me out with this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Carolyn Ellis Gonzalez