The Virtual Library

proper proper at ibm.net
Tue Jun 17 23:45:54 EDT 1997

I am a undergraduate student that has decided to write a paper on the
prospects of virtual libraries in the future. While I have found plenty
of sources that express the opinion that an all electronic library is
undesirable and not feasible, I can not seem to find proponents.
I am currently reading Future Libraries: Dreams, Madness & Reality by
Walt Crawford and Michael Gorman; and they make frequent references to
futurists and technojunkies that favor the all electronic library. I
would like to investigate the opinions of these futurists but I don't
who they are. I would appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions where
I can find pro-virtual library opinions, particularly online sources as
I only have a week to complete the paper. Thanks for helping a student
and future librarian.

Philip Proper
proper at ibm.net