Make listserv archives searchable on web? -Reply

Peter Murray pem at po.cwru.edu
Tue Jun 17 18:52:05 EDT 1997

--On Tue, Jun 17, 1997 1:19 PM -0700 "Karl Beiser"
<beiser at saturn.caps.maine.edu> wrote:
> Hypermail appears to be another option, if I can convert the listserv
> archive file or my Pegasus mail folder archive to "UNIX email
> format"...

I don't know if Pegasus is anything like the VM/CMS mail file (the MAILBOOK
files), but about a year ago I found some software to convert between that
and the UNIX mbox format.  The location was

   ftp://musie.phlab.missouri.edu/pub/misc/cms2pine.tar.gz

but I haven't been able to reconnect to the site to see if it is still
there.  If it isn't or you can't connect to the site, let me know and I'll
send you a copy...

Peter
--
Peter Murray, Library Systems Manager                      pem at po.cwru.edu