Job Announcement: NY State -- Morrisville College Library

Bill Drew drewwe at morrisville.edu
Mon Jun 2 10:47:02 EDT 1997

This message is cross-posted to several lists.  Please ignore if you
are not interested.

-------------------------------- Start of announcement -------------

Announcement of Professional Vacancy
State University of New York
College of Agriculture and Technology at Morrisville

RANK AND DISCIPLINE:  Assistant Librarian

Position is split between the main
campus and the Norwich Campus located
approximately 35 miles from Morrisville.
Approximately 9 hours per week will be
spent in Norwich which may increase as the
demand warrants.

Main campus responsibilities include:
supervising circulation/reserve department;
coordinating the library instruction program;
providing reference service and participating in
collection development.

Norwich Campus responsibilities include:
assisting with Library purchases;
coordinating library instruction;
training of students and faculty.

*NOTE:  Some evening and weekend
hours required.  10 month obligation.

QUALIFICATIONS:

Required qualifications include:
an MLS from an ALA accredited program;
academic library experience;
familiarity with computerized library procedures;
strong commitment to public service.

Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and
experience in library instruction.

SALARY:

Commensurate with education and experience.

STARTING DATE:

August 1997

APPLICATION DEADLINE:
July 9, 1997.

APPLY TO:
Director of Human Resources
SUNY College of Agriculture and Technology
Morrisville, New York 13408

State University of New YorK is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer.

------------------------- end of announcement --------------------

 Note from Bill Drew: Do not ask me for information about this position.
Direct your inquiries to the office listed above.  I am
simply posting the message.  Our college web page is:
http://www.morrisville.edu

The library is at:
http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/

--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill"); Associate Librarian (Systems, Reference)
SUNY College of Ag. & Tech.;   P.O. Box 902;  Morrisville, NY 13408-0902
E-mail: DREWWE at MORRISVILLE.EDU powwow:drewwe at wedrew.lib.morrisville.edu
Phone: (315)684-6055 or 684-6060 Fax: (315)684-6115
Homepage: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/
Not Just Cows: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/
LibraryLinks: http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/
SUNYLA'97: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/sunyla/sunyla97.htm