Tracking software

Jeff Cottingham cottij02 at msumusik.mursuky.edu
Fri Jul 25 11:24:27 EDT 1997

At 07:32 PM 7/24/97 -0700, Bob Long wrote:
>Greetings.
>
>Can anyone recommend a good package to track usage on public PCs? We
>would like to keep statistics on which applications are being used, for
>how long, how often, etc. Platform is Win95.

If the PCs are networked, SofTrack by On Technology is a good program that
runs o the server.  It meters software running both on the server and on
individual workstations.  It can meter and/or limit the number of
simultaneous users of any file or set of files, either executable or data
files.  I like the variety of useful reports that it can generate.  They
have versions for both Novell and NT servers.

Info. on this software can be found at http://www.on.com/softrack/

Jeff Cottingham
Technology Coordinator, Murray State University Library
email:  cottij02 at msumusik.mursuky.edu
Phone:  502-762-4773  Fax:  502-762-3736