ALA participation

Bob Razer rleslie at fones.cals.lib.ar.us
Thu Jul 17 17:07:53 EDT 1997

We make no distinction among librarians at this library system when
funding travel requests with the exceptions that "newer/younger" members
of the staff are likely to get more - not less - financial assistance and
we bear in mind how frequently we have provided financial assistance to a
staff member. Frequent assistance may mean that some years a staff member
who attends ALA most every year may get less financial aid to attend ALA
than someone who only goes every third year or so.

Such a policy is the fairest way to encourage participation in
associations we believe. It obviously is an encouragement to our younger
staff whose salaries are lower than senior librarians.

 Bob Razer
 Associate Director		    e-mail: rleslie at fones.cals.lib.ar.us
 Central Arkansas Library System    fax:    (501) 375-7451
 700 Louisiana                      voice:  (501) 370-5954
 Little Rock, Arkansas 72201