www.nasa.com

Jon Lebkowsky jonl at onr.com
Tue Jul 15 09:59:49 EDT 1997

At 01:13 PM 7/1/97 -0700, Burt, David wrote:
>Has everyone heard about www.nasa.com?
>A filtering vendor told me about it.  WWW.NASA.GOV is *the* most popular
>site for children.  WWW.NASA.COM contains PORN ADS!!
>This is the best example yet of Internet "porn pushing" to minors.

Check out today's lead story in NY Times' Cybertimes:
http://www.nytimes.com/library/cyber/week/071597domain.html
(login required)

NASA.COM was shut down by Network Solutions:

"Network Solutions asserted that the site's use of the 'nasa.com'
Web address violated the 1958 law that established the
National Aeronautics and Space Administration. "

Jon Lebkowsky // jonl at onr.com

"The interest in encouraging freedom of expression in a democratic society
outweighs any theoretical but unproven benefit of censorship." -- Justice
Stevens, Supreme Court Opinion in Reno v ACLU.