NS Communicator Telnet Helper App

Ed Cherry cecherry at samford.edu
Fri Jul 11 16:44:33 EDT 1997

I'm having a problem with Netscape Communicator and
telnet/tn3270 applications.  Apparently, Netscape is passing
the entire URL to the helper app, rather than just the domain
name.  In other words, Netscape issues this command line:

c:\winterm\winterm.exe telnet:\\whatever.com

instead of:

c:\winterm\winterm.exe whatever.com

The telnet app dutifully reports that it could not resolve the
host name "telnet:"

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

* Ed Cherry             *                              *
* Automation Librarian  * Phone:  (205) 870-2506       *
* Davis Library         * Fax:    (205) 870-2642       *
* Samford University    * E-Mail: cecherry at samford.edu *
* Birmingham, AL  35229 *                              *