Librarians Get It, says Web Review

Bill Drew drewwe at morrisville.edu
Fri Jul 11 11:02:05 EDT 1997

Eric Rumsey wrote:

> Is this also true in other disciplines? Are widely-used link list sites
> managed by librarians in the humanities, social sciences, other sciences ??

I am the author and owner of Not Just Cows.  It is a guide to Interenet
resources in agriculture.  It was one of the first (if not the first)
guides to internet resources, in a particular discipline, written by a
librarian.  It started out as a plain textfile that I e-mailed to people
backi in late 1992.   It developed into a gopher file to a WWW homepage.
NJC has been visited 14,973 times since Sept.1, 1997.  It has been
reproduced in print (with my permission) by many different groups
including librarians, extension agents, farm groups, etc.  It was even
published in its entirey in an Italian agricultural journal ( in
Italian) a couple of years ago.
--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill"); Associate Librarian (Systems, Reference)
SUNY College of Ag. & Tech.;   P.O. Box 902;  Morrisville, NY 13408-0902
E-mail: DREWWE at MORRISVILLE.EDU powwow:drewwe at wedrew.lib.morrisville.edu
Phone: (315)684-6055 or 684-6060 Fax: (315)684-6115
Homepage: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/
Not Just Cows: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/
LibraryLinks: http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/
SUNYLA'97: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/sunyla/sunyla97.htm