fortres software -Reply

Dan Lester DLESTER at bsu.idbsu.edu
Thu Jul 10 17:04:56 EDT 1997

When we set up our public workstations we wired across the
on-off switch, so it is nonfunctional.  People wanted to reboot
them all the time (and we're dealing with students who think
they know it all, not the more general public) if something
locked up.  Staff can reboot them by reaching under the
desktop and flipping a switch on the power strip.  Unless you
know where the strips are, you'd have to get on hands and
knees to look around and find it, as it is mounted pretty far
back on a side, and wouldn't normally be seen or felt by a
user.

dan

Dan Lester, Network Information Coordinator
Boise State University Library, Boise, Idaho, 83725 USA
voice: 208-385-1235   fax:  208-385-1394
dlester at bsu.idbsu.edu     OR    alileste at idbsu.idbsu.edu
Cyclops' Internet Toolbox:    http://cyclops.idbsu.edu
"How can one fool make another wise?"   Kansas, 1979.